Tidy Champs Policies and Terms of Service
- The Purpose of initial cleaning surcharge (where applicable) – Some of our services (Weekly and Bi-weekly or monthly attract initial cleaning surcharge based on the size of your home. The initial cleaning surcharge IS NOT THE SAME THING AS DEEP CLEANING SERVICE. The surcharge is a small fee that we collect to offset the amount of time it takes for the cleaning team to complete first time cleaning in your house, get the house ready for us to manage in subsequent cleanings and make it possible for our deep cleaning task that we provide to you for free (Policy #12 below) to be possible. We believe this process allow our customers to order our service easily without the heavy burden of upfront cost of initial deep cleaning charge access by our competition. If you prefer to have initial Deep cleaning completed instead of our process, we will accommodate that request and charge the appropriate Deep Cleaning service fee.
- We are a primarily a cleaning company, because of this, we have some limitations about our services that our customers should be aware of, namely:
2.1 Wet wiping light fixtures because of the breakage and timing factor, although we do dry dust them. Also when chandeliers have many crystals, we will not be able to dust or clean due to the risk of breakage.
2.2 Washing and putting away dishes because we want you to be able to find them and everyone arranges a kitchen differently. if there are dirty dishes in the sink we will take them out, clean the sink, and put them back in the sink (not washed).
2.3 Laundry because we do not think it is cost effective for clients to have the cleaning pros extend the cost of your service by waiting for laundry to dry. however, if clients want this done, we will be glad to do it for our hourly rate which is $49.95/hr
2.4 Our policy on encumberment in your home like a desk piled high in paper work or kitchen desk pilled high with dirty plates. this does have a huge impact on our cleaning efficiency and quality so the rule we teach our cleaners is if you have less than 6 items on the surface we will clean both the items and the surface with a rag and the appropriate cleaner. if, however, there are more than 6 items on the surface we will only feather dust the items and the surface--which will still remove any dust. If our cleaning crew come to your house and not able to complete services due to failure of this policy. The crew will leave your house and you will be charged a minimum cancellation fee of up to $75 to cover the loss schedule time.
2.5 Our cleaners cannot clean on top of the kitchen cabinets (you know the very top of the cabinets) because of the risk associated with fall and our insurance does not allow our cleaners to climb more than 2 step ladders. Thank for your understanding.
2.6 Cleaning of Inside Refrigerator. If your cleaning include this item, Please make sure that your fridge is ready for cleaners to clean. This means, all food items must be removed from the fridge before cleaners arrive. Due to liability issues, Our cleaners cannot touch food items in your fridge.
2.7 Oven Cleaning - If your oven is with Self Cleaning system, we will clean certain areas of the oven only in order not to damage the self cleaning system, and we will turn the self cleaning system on after that. The team lead will explain this to you.
- Employee Safety – Tidy Pros (Our Cleaners) are the heart of our business. We treat them with respect and we also expect our customers to do the same. Our people love what they do every day. They are trained to clean your homes, and not serve as moving or Home Organization professionals. We discourage them from using ladders or moving heavy items. In order to avoid fall or back injury, we ask that whenever our Pros need to clean around heavy objects, large appliances or sofas, please move them out of the way before arrival so we may have access to the desired area. Also, our policy on encumberment (part of your welcome email) – is worth repeating here for emphasis – like a desk piled high in paper work or kitchen desk piled high with dirty plates or small items spread everywhere in the house or bathroom vanity full of things. This does have a huge impact on our cleaning efficiency and quality. The rule 6 items or less will apply. we teach our cleaners that if you have less than 6 items on the surface we will clean both the items and the surface with a rag and the appropriate cleaner. if, however, there are more than 6 items on the surface we will only feather dust the items and the surface–which will still remove any dust.
- Service reliability is extremely important. We will often turn down business rather than disrupt a regularly scheduled customer. In exchange we must request that you give us minimum of 48 hours advance notice (Monday clients must call before noon on the previous Thursday), IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR ANY REASON. Our business number, 817-741-1549, is available to you at all times. You may also log into your customer account that was created when you signed up for service, to make changes to your booking. Failure to provide adequate notice will result in a $75 late cancellation fee. If the cleaning team arrives at your home or office and you forgot to leave the door open, leave a key or the team needs to leave without cleaning for any reason, you will be charged 50% of your regular cleaning cost, plus taxes where applicable. Our employees are paid by the hour and this fee is necessary to cover their cost. Most of our customers do entrust us with a key to their home, a responsibility we take very seriously.
- Our preferred method of payment is through credit card, however, we recognize that not all customers are comfortable using this method of payment. We will accept alternate payment in the form of cash (preferred) or checks. Any returned check will result in a $35 service charge (this fee is charged by our bank and we must be reimbursed for it).
- Medical Apparatus Exposure – Should any member of your household require the use of syringes, please insure that they are disposed of safely. Any secure container like a coffee can, can be used to store used syringes and/or needles prior to final disposal. Any unexpected stab by an insecure needle can pose serious health concerns to our staff.
- Other substances – Please be sure that any confidential or potentially illegal documents or illegal substances are put away before the cleaning team arrives. If for any reason, our team encounter illegal substances in your home, they are trained to call the office and leave the premises immediately. Your full payment will be due if this situation occurs.
- Existence of Bugs in Customers House – If our cleaning team observe bugs (roaches, fleas, rodents, or similar things), they will leave your house immediately. Because we service several customers, we cannot assume any risks of cross contamination to other customers. As a precaution, our cleaning team will immediately vacate your house, whenever this situation occurs. You will be charged as a late service cancellation fee of $75.
- Our company does offer a 100% guarantee on all of our cleaning services. Any necessary adjustments must be reported to our office within 24 hours of the cleaning date for resolution by one of our cleaning staff members.
- Our company values our cleaners. If you are interested in employing one of them there is a 90-day buy-out clause, which means you will need to reimburse Tidy Champs Cleaning Services for 90 days of cleaner’s salary to cover rehiring and training of said employee’s replacement.
- Harassment – If our employees believes that they are victim of sexual or other unlawful harassment, they have the right to inform the person who is engaging in the harassing conduct, that the conduct is offensive and must stop. They will call the office to report. If this happens, our policy is to stop providing service to that customer.
- Cleaning Services – All customers are entitled to know what task is included in their services. We generally send this out with our service estimates. The details of what each services entails are outlined and color coded to avoid confusion – Blue column for Regular or Standard Cleaning task, Green Column for Spring/One Time/Deep Cleaning task and Red Column for Move in Move out Cleaning task. If you did not receive a copy please request for one by emailing email@example.com, or downloading from our website or by calling the office.
- One of the added features of our service that is unique to our company is our periodic or deep cleaning task for weekly and bi-weekly clients at each visit begining from the 2nd visit. Be sure to discuss your preferences with your cleaning team lead. You may also use your customer portal (your account access) to make this requests. This free offering is only available to our weekly and every other week clients only. The periodic tasks are available for additional charge to all customers. – Brown column on our cleaning task list (add on services to any plan)
- We do not take the trust and confidence that our clients place in us lightly. Our Clients keys and security codes are securely locked at our office. We use coding system to store these keys with no clients identifying information. If services are terminated, keys will be promptly returned in person. If you have to get the keys from our office, your picture ID will be required for the keys to be released
When you sign up for our services, you accept these policies as part of our condition to offer you services. Thank you for your understanding. If you have any question about these policies, please call our office at 817-741-1549. Thank you.
When you sign up for our services, you accept these policies as part of our condition to offer you services.
If you have any question about these policies, please call our office at 817-741-1549. Thank you.